The Things Network is upgrading to its next-generation LoRaWAN® network server: The Things Stack
Today, the world’s largest LoRaWAN® developer community can start using the latest and greatest LoRaWAN network server: The Things Stack.
The Things Network has been supporting a growing community of 135.000 IoT developers today, to build long-range low-power solutions. Together, the community manages well over 20.000 LoRaWAN gateways across the globe.
The software upgrade means developers can prototype their LoRaWAN applications faster and more conveniently, with new features, out-of-the-box integrations, extended coverage, and improved user experience.
Discover The Things Stack, its new features and how to get started.
The Things Stack Interface
The Things Stack is a developer-friendly, secure, flexible and scalable network server. The Community Edition offers two ways of access: via the free, hosted service on www.thethingsnetwork.org, or via the DIY open source stack.
The Things Stack supports all existing LoRaWAN versions, operation modes A, B and C, and all regional parameters. Its architecture allows a high degree of customization as well as interoperability with other networks. Major changes are:
- Support for Class A, B and C and multicast device groups
- All LoRaWAN versions including 1.0.4 & 1.1
- More intuitive UI for device and network management
- More advanced APIs and out-of-the-box integrations with cloud platforms such as AWS IoT Core
- API-based events stream for debugging
- More fine-grained control over devices
One of the most profound additions is the connection to Packet Broker, allowing for traffic exchange between The Things Network and privately managed networks, increasing coverage by a factor. Packet Broker is a global, open and secure peering platform enhancing coverage, network performance, capacity and end node battery life.
The vision of The Things Network remains unchanged: it will remain the same collaborative network, owned and operated by its users.
Let’s build this thing together!
Get started today:
- Sign in using your TTN account (create a TTN account if you don’t have one yet)
- Migrate from The Things Network current version (V2) to The Things Stack (V3)
- Watch The Things Stack getting started videos and read the documentation